Tuesday, August 30, 2016

First Night Sky Shoot

With the nice camera I bought used from Missy...

This actually seems grainy and over-exposed to me.
f/3.5
18mm
iso 1600
20 seconds

So next time I want to try a series of shots with lower iso (400 and 800), and vary the exposures with those in the 10, 15, 20, and even 30 second ranges.
There's also some red, purple, and other spots...which I guess are the kind of artifacts in this type of photo shooting you normally have to cleanup on a computer afterwards. (The random ones, not the airplanes about 1/4 of the way up from the bottom)


Of course it will have to be "next time" since when I was done I dropped the camera off the tripod (just plain inexperience combined with working in the dark)...camera seems OK but the $300 Tamron lens did not survive. Ouch. :cry:. New one ordered by Amazon for Thursday delivery :/

No comments: