Sunday, June 29, 2014

Garden & Food Updates



Between the dump and my secret source, got the Asparagus well mulched. The guy who had been bringing me clippings hasn't dropped off any in a couple weeks, but that doesn't surprise me -- this is the time of year many folks stop bagging and just clip their lawns.




Surprises me the peppers droop in the heat.


Put up a single string to keep the tater vines in line so I could mow without whacking them too:




Mulched the Arugula, Sweet Potatoes, and I think it's Bok Choi along the fence?




Started harvesting my broccoli


Celery got mulched:


Beans are starting to run:


Saturday's Dinner featured peas, onions, and broccoli from the garden...despite a botched transfer to the stone :) :






Sunday featured the first taters of the year, and the first oregano and basil of the year, with peas done up in foil on the grill with the steak:

No comments: