Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Strawberry Rhubarb Bread

I'm dialing in on the recipe :)



1-1/2 cups flour
5 teaspoons baking powder
pinch of salt
3/4 cup milk
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 eggs
bit of honey (although I forgot it today)
Couple stalks of rhubarb
A little more then a pint of strawberries

Mix the dry ingredients
Mix the liquids
Mix the liquids with the dry

Cut the fruit then mix it into the rest.

Bake 375ยบ for 40 minutes.
Around 20 to 25 minutes cover the top with Reynolds wrap to prevent the crust from burning.

Reminded me very much of raisin bread. I think with the honey it would've tasted more like a desert.

================
Garden Updates:

Had the first peas from my garden today. Looks like a lot of pea shelling this weekend! And then I have a huge crop of Tall Telephone peas setting up. I need to tie those up tomorrow, they're not following the trellis too well.

Corn is up. A few of the Soldier beans have broken through, and the yellow squash planted near them.

Planted the kidney beans and green bush beans today. Hope it isn't too late for them.

No comments: